Attn: Groom, Best Man, Father of the Bride, Bride, Mother of the Bride, Groom & Bride
Practical, comprehensive and also a bit different; a truly insightful book for anyone who has to make a wedding speech.Whether you are the Groom, the Best Man, the Father of the Bride or, of course, the Bride or the Mother of the Bride or Groom, this book will help you prepare your speech and deliver it with confidence.
Unlike any other book on the subject this book also provides specific help for people with different character types. It includes advice and tips on how to play to your strengths and integrate your own personality into your speech. So whether you are:
- Shy or reserved
- quietly spoken, or tending to the serious
- nervous or emotional
- over- or under-confident
- or you’ve never spoken in public beforethis book will ensure that you deliver a sincere, memorable speech with self-assurance, style, authenticity – and joy.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part 1 – Planning Your Speech;
1. When You Realise You Have to Make a Speech;
2. Who Says What and When;
3. The Golden Rules: What Makes a Memorable Speech;
4. The Biggest Sin of All – Being Boring;
5. Rehearsing Your Speech;
Part 2 – The Big Day;
6. Presentation is Everything;
7. Confidence and Relaxation;
8. Scripts, Notes and Cue Cards;
Part 3 – Be Yourself;
9. The Father of the Bride;
10. The Groom;
11. The Best Man;
12. The Mother of the Bride and the Mother of the Groom;
13. The Bride;
14. Speaking Tips for Different Character Types;
15. Using Ready-made Material;
16. A Final Toast!;
Postscript; Resources; Sample mind map; Index.
“‘Philip Calvert’s new book posits every bear-trap that all hapless wedding speech-makers might fall in to.” The Independent On Sunday”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – PHILIP CALVERT
Philip Calvert is a professional speaker and consultant in advanced presentation skills who also runs workshops on speaking at weddings.
He has appeared on BBC Radio and BBC Breakfast television as an expert in wedding speeches.
|Format:||Paperback, 166 pages, 2nd Revised edition Edition|
|Other Information:||1 Illustrations|
|Published In:||United Kingdom, 29 August 2008|
|Publisher:||How To Books Ltd|
|Dimensions:||21.0 x 135.0 x 1.0 centimeters (0.30 kg)|