Tried-and-true tips for dazzling your audience, conquering your public speaking jitters and delivering a dynamite speech.
Anxious About Public Speaking?
Have no fear!
Use this friendly guide as your personal arsenal of tools to overcome stage fright and build a rapport with your audience. From researching your topic and preparing the room to crafting a riveting address, these savvy tips will help you deliver a masterful presentation.
LEARNING THE ‘DUMMIES’ WAY:
- Explanations in plain English;
- ‘Get in, get out’ information;
- Icons and other navigational aids;
- Tear-out cheat sheet; top ten lists; and
- A dash of humor and fun.
PUBLIC SPEAKERS DISCOVER HOW TO:
- speak with confidence;
- create spectacular visual aids;
- add power with body language;
- address international and virtual audiences; and,
- answer questions the right way.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part I: Getting Started.
- Chapter 1: Giving a Speech.
- Chapter 2: Getting Ready to Speak.
- Chapter 3: Making the Most of Research.
- Chapter 4: Organizing Your Speech.
Part II: Preparing Your Speech.
- Chapter 5: Body Building: Strengthening the Content of Your Speech.
- Chapter 6: Getting Off on the Right Foot: Introductions.
- Chapter 7: All’s Well That Ends Well: Conclusions.
Part III: Making Your Speech Sparkle.
- Chapter 8: Making Sense of Your Speech
- Chapter 9: Getting the Words Right
- Chapter 10: Making Eye Contact Count: Visual Aids.
Part IV: Delivering Your Speech
- Chapter 11: Overcoming Stage Fright.
- Chapter 12: Body Language: What’s Out, What’s In, and What’s International.
- Chapter 13: Handling Questions.
- Chapter 14: Handling the Audience.
Part V: Common Speaking Situations.
- Chapter 15: Speaking to the City Council and School Board.
- Chapter 16: Small Talk: Impromptu Speaking and Introducing Other Speakers.
- Chapter 17: Panels and Roundtables.
- Chapter 18: Debates.
- Chapter 19: International Speaking.
- Chapter 20: Virtual Meetings: Phone, Video, and Web.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
- Chapter 21: Ten Types of Humor That Anyone Can Use.
- Chapter 22: Ten Things to Check Before You Speak.Index.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – MALCOLM KUSHNER
Malcolm Kushner is an internationally acclaimed expert on humor and communication who has been profiled in a number of publications and appeared on CNN, NPR, and The Larry King Show
|Format:||Paperback, 288 pages, 2nd Revised edition Edition|
|Published In:||United States, 07 May 2004|
|Publisher:||Hungry Minds Inc,U.S.|
|Dimensions:||23.0 x 161.0 x 1.0 centimeters (0.32 kg)|